With the growing demands of our busy day-to-day lives, it’s easy to get lost in the hustle and forget about taking some time for ourselves. No matter what your days look like, “self-care,” or taking the necessary steps to attain optimum physical and mental health, is a critical component in promoting long-term wellbeing and happiness.
Here are 4 practical ways to rejuvenate and relax from the comfort of your home:
- Take an Epsom Salt Bath: By simply adding 1-2 cups of Epsom salt to your warm bath water, you can elevate the natural stress relieving benefits of a long soak, creating a therapeutic, at-home, spa experience. Commonly used by athletes to relieve muscular aches, pains and stiffness, integrating this simple, household ingredient into your next bath will absolutely leave you feeling with a renewed sense of self. The chemical compound of Epsom salt is magnesium-sulfate, and given that most people are deficient in magnesium, soaking your feet or entire body in an Epsom salt bath naturally boosts internal magnesium levels without supplementation. Epsom salt can also improve sleep quality, stimulate digestion, and reduce overall inflammation in the body. Additionally, the sulfates in Epsom salt work by flushing out toxins and heavy metals from your cells, naturally detoxifying your body. If you don’t have Epsom salt readily available at home, you can find it at your local drug store or grocery store.
- Treat yourself to some Hibiscus Tea: Aside from its deliciously tangy and fruity scent and flavors, hibiscus tea can be enjoyed hot or iced, fortifying your body and mind from the inside out! High in antioxidants such as vitamins A, C and Zinc, hibiscus tea has countless health benefits including: lowering high blood pressure, controlling LDL cholesterol, fighting common colds and flus by boosting the immune system, has anti-inflammatory & anti-bacterial properties, can reduce menstrual cramps and pains, and has even been shown to reduce the growth of precancerous cells! This wonderfully uplifting tea also aids in weight loss by blocking amylase, an enzyme that breaks down starches into sugars, thus reducing the amount of sugar absorbed by the body. Moreover, hibiscus tea also has the potential to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression by calming the nervous system. So while you soak in your bath, treat yourself to this delightfully invigorating tea and reap the tremendous mental and physical benefits!
- Apply a Facial Masque: What better way to invigorate your skin with a natural, chemical-free facial masque! Although daily facial cleansers remove the surface dirt and grime, a weekly face masque works to draw out the impurities from beneath the surface of the skin. Using a facial masque will also work to exfoliate dead skin cells and unclog pores, leaving your skin feeling softer and smoother than ever. Infused with a variety of minerals and nutrient dense muds and clays sourced from all over the globe, we recommend implementing masque into your weekly regimen, healing your skin by enhancing cell regeneration and promoting a youthful, healthy glow!
- Drink truH2 Daily: Nothing will recharge your batteries quite like molecular hydrogen (H2) infused water. As the simplest and most abundant molecule in the universe, H2’s low weight and structure enables penetration of the blood brain barrier, enhancing cognitive functioning and stabilizing mood (by fighting oxidative stress and chronic inflammation at the cellular level) – leaving you with boundless energy and focus to conquer anything that life brings your way. H2’s remarkable therapeutic properties has been evidenced in over 850 peer-reviewed, scientific articles, demonstrating its capacity to prevent and even potentially reverse over 170 different disease models including: diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, arthritis, and cancer of various types, amongst others. After just a few days of drinking trusii’s H2 infused water, you will begin to notice the countless benefits this incredible and unique antioxidant has to offer. Click here to learn more about H2 and how you can start revitalizing your health now.
A few tips…
- To maximize the therapeutic benefits, add approximately 10 drops of lavender oil and half a cup of baking soda to your warm bath water, making sure to soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Set the tone for your morning or evening of relaxation by playing some relaxing music in the background.
- Repeat these simple strategies at least once a week (although if you have time, we recommend more frequently), to revitalize yourself and get you ready for a new week of success and accomplishments!